His Holiness Mahatapasvi Shri Kumarswamiji’s Message
1. Always refrain from three things:
Self-praise, condemning others and finding flaws in others.
2. Do three things without fail:
Remember God, honour others and make effort to get rid of your own flaws.
3. Always keep three things under your control:
The mind, the organ of taste and libido.
4. Always stay under the control of the following three:
God, Dharma and good conduct.
5. Always be humble before the three:
Guru, mother and father.
6. Always love the following three:
God, Dharma and your country.
7. Always cherish the following three in your heart:
Compassion, forgiveness and victory.
8. Expel three things from your heart:
Anger, hatred and jealousy.
9. Never doubt three things:
Words of scriptures, words of Guru and inspiration welling from the pure mind.
10. Always honour the following three:
The old, the wise and the poor.
11. Always do three things wholeheartedly:
Chanting and singing of God’s name, meditation on God and Sat-sang (holy company).
12. Look upon the following three moments as most sacred:
A moment of love, a moment of compassion and a moment of sympathy.
13. Never insist that other people accept the following three:
Agreeing to your religion, your way of dressing, and your opinion.
14. Never hate these three persons:
A sick one, a miserable one, and the one from the lower caste.
15. Every day visit the following three places without fail:
A temple of God, a saint’s hermitage and the place of your work.
16. Never ridicule these three:
The handicapped, a widow/orphan and poor/unhappy persons/animals.
17. Daily do three things without fail for the development of your mind:
Study scriptures, meditate and remember your own flaws.
18. Practise the following three things every day for your own good:
Walk in fresh air, eat healthy and forsake unhealthy food.
19. Never be any of the three:
One who forgets good things done by others, a hypocrite and an atheist.
20. Always strive to be the following three:
Humble, forthright and a theist.
The article ‘The Importance of Three’ is translated from the original message published in the Hindi language.
Uploaded on this site on the auspicious day of Guru-poornima, Sunday, 29th July, 2007